Hands-On Technologist CMR Training
This course is designed for technologists, nurses and sonographers interested in obtaining
practical knowledge of the principles of cardiac MRI with its implementation in a clinical
environment. This two-day course is designed to emphasize hands-on experience with the number
of participants limited to a maximum of three. (14 Category A / ASRT Credits approved.) The
course attendees spend minimal time in lectures and maximum time at the console of our Philips
1.5T Achieve scanner, equipped with full cardiac packages and maximum gradients. With 2
attendees, the teacher-to-student ratio is 1:1.
With completion of the 2 day course including lectures and hands-on training, the attendee
should be able to:
- Understand basic Cardiovascular MR imaging techniques.
- Be familiar with the application of CMR to evaluate congenital heart disease, coronary
disease, and myocardium viability.
- Understand how to and be able to perform a basic cardiac MR function exam.
- Be able to perform flow assessment in aortic and mitral valves.
- Be familiar with basic imaging protocols for most common referrals.
Typically offered once per month on Thursday and Friday. Dates are available on request.
Please contact Mary Watkins (mpw
cmrl.wustl.edu) for more information on course dates.